Our incredible Certified Physician Assistant Christine Sikorski is the main primary care physician who manages well women exams. A well woman exam is a routine check-up also known as a yearly exam or a preventive visit. The exam may or may not include a pap smear. FHPIM follows the guidelines set by U.S. Preventative Task Force and the American College of Gynecology when recommending cervical cancer screening. Women over the age of 21 years may need a pap smear every 3-5 years. Women with a complete hysterectomy or over 65 years of age with previously normal pap smears may not need an annual cervical cancer screening.
What is included in a Well Woman Exam?
During your annual female exam, we will assess your current health issues; review your past medical problems, medications, allergies and family and social history.
Your exam will include:
- Breast Exam (based on age and risk)
- Pap Smear (based on age and risk)
- Stool Testing for blood (based on age and risk)
- Evaluation for contraception or hormones
- Mammogram (based on age and risk)
- Bone Density (based on age and risk)
- Screening fasting lab tests
- Vaccine Recommendations
- ECG (based on age and risk)
We look forward to taking care of your annual needs at FHPIM!